Sacks Parente Golf (SPG) has released the unique looking fang-shaped mallet DRAC putter.
Short for Dracula, the Series 02 DRAC boasts a striking silhouette that aims to deliver stability on every stroke and a straighter roll.
Steve Sacks, Co-founder of SPG, said: “Our mission is to help golfers make more putts by creating the best putting instruments ever built.
“In the DRAC, we not only applied our patented Ultra-Low Balance Point (ULBP) technology that is in all our putters, but we managed to move a significant amount of weight forward – more weight than any other mallet, to create a higher MOI for a consistent roll off the face. We believe golfers will experience a feel that is unmatched. Any golfer who wants to make more putts will want this putter.”
What can we expect from the DRAC?
To create more stability on off-center hits, SPG engineers added 100 Ultra-low Balance Point (ULBP)
- ULBP is SPG’s patented weight distribution technology, which means that SPG engineers have taken weight out of the shaft and grip and centralised most of the weight in the head.
- ULBP is defined as a balance point 5” or less from the sole of the putter, where the golfer can now feel the head as it travels through the putting arc.
- SPG uses an ultralight graphite shaft (sub-40 grams) and special reduced weight grip (35 grams or less). Made by Sacks Parente Shaft facility in St. Joe Missouri USA
- This weight distribution produces a natural pendulum motion so that the golfer doesn’t force the stroke, but rather lets the club do the steering to ensure grams of tungsten weighting on the heel and toe – 50 grams added to the heel and 50 grams added to the toe.
- This gave SPG the ability to move weight out of the middle put it to the heel and toe to make it very stable.
Weight-Forward Center of Gravity
- All SPG putters have maximized the face-forward center of gravity and the DRAC is no exception.
- SPG has brought a significant amount of weight forward to decrease sidespin that rear-weighted putters can cause.
- When you combine perimeter weighting near the face with SPG’s lightweight graphite shaft, it provides a unique feel and consistency.